X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 things I learned (or confirmed) about humanity during the 'pandemic'

I agree with whoever wrote this!

21 things I learned (or confirmed) about humanity during the 'pandemic':
    1. Most people would rather be with the majority than to be right.

2. At least 30% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which emerge when the ideal conditions are given.

3. Fear of death is rivalled only by fear of social disapproval, the latter of which may be an even greater fear.

4. Propaganda works as well today as it did 100 years ago. Access to unlimited information has not made the average person wiser.

5. Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government and all who rely on these.

6. Many politicians and large corporations willingly sacrifice human lives if it means political or financial advantage.

7. The vast majority believe that government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many of the most vocal critics.

8. Once they become convinced of something, people would rather compromise on it than admit they are wrong.

9. When sufficiently frightened, people not only accept authoritarianism but demand it.

10. Humans can be educated and trained relatively easily to change their behaviour - for better or worse.

11. People dismissed and catalogued as "conspiracy theorists" are not infrequently well documented people who are simply ahead of the accepted narrative.

12. People value security more than freedom. Even if it is proven to them that "security" is an illusion.

13. Adaptation always goes both ways and once inertia sets in, it is very difficult to get people back to "normal".

14. A significant percentage of the population likes to be subjugated.

15. Science has evolved into a kind of secular pseudo-religion with millions of believers in the west. This religion has nothing to do with science.

16. People are more concerned with looking like they are doing the right thing than actually doing the right thing.

17. Politicians, media and the health industries are all corrupt, on many levels. Scientists and doctors can be bought off just as easily as politicians.

18. If people are comfortable enough, they don't revolt. You can keep millions meek while you take away their rights by giving them money, food and entertainment.

19. Humans are complacent and lack vigilance about government abuses.

20. It is easier to cheat someone than to show them that they have been cheated.

21. Most people are genuinely compassionate and mean well - this is a good thing.

As a result, many people have difficulty understanding and accepting that there can be malice in others, including our "leaders" - this is necessarily bad.

Original text from 2021
    Author: unknown
    "Know thyself and thou shall know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe"
Working...
X