Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Suspended From Houston Methodist for Backing Ivermectin and Opposing Vaccine Mandates Sues Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Suspended From Houston Methodist for Backing Ivermectin and Opposing Vaccine Mandates Sues Hospital

A Texas doctor has turned the tables on Houston Methodist Hospital. The hospital, which fired the doctor for advocating the use of ivermectin and opposing vaccine mandates, is now being sued by the doctor.

Dr. Mary Bowden filed a lawsuit on Monday in Harris County District Court — a move applauded by many who believe reasoned voices of dissent are unduly censored in the land of the free.

According to the Epoch Times, Bowden is “seeking financial reports and data on adverse reactions from the hospital.”

The Times reports Bowden’s recent statements outside her clinic in Houston:

Two months ago, in November, Houston Methodist launched me into the public spotlight by telling the world that they were suspending my privileges for supposedly spreading dangerous misinformation about COVID. The Houston Chronicle joined in in that effort. Since then, I’ve had a lot of people comment publicly that I should lose my license.
    At the time, Houston Methodist Hospital tried to justify Bowden’s suspension via a series of Twitter posts.

One stated, “Dr. Bowden, who has never admitted a patient at Houston Methodist Hospital, is spreading dangerous misinformation which is not based in science.”
    Dr. Bowden, who has never admitted a patient at Houston Methodist Hospital, is spreading dangerous misinformation which is not based in science. (4/5)

— Houston Methodist (@MethodistHosp) November 12, 2021

Dr. Bowden argues that she simply shared information on a scientific study showing the benefits of ivermectin. However, hospital staff did not appreciate her questioning policy or referencing a meta-analysis of studies on the effectiveness of ivermectin to treat COVID-19.

Dr. Bowden tweeted, “Ivermectin might not be as deadly as everyone said it was. Speak up!”

In another tweet, she wrote, “Vaccine mandates are wrong.”
    Vaccine mandates are wrong.

— Mary Talley Bowden MD (@MdBreathe) November 8, 2021

Dr. Bowden’s comments were on her private social media channels. The hospital administration claimed this was inexcusable and classified her posts as “dangerous misinformation.”

The lawsuit notes that after the hospital provided “unconvincing explanations” regarding why Bowden was targeted for termination, the doctor decided to “follow the money.”

The Epoch Times notes that under Texas law, “non-profit corporations like the one which controls Houston Methodist must make their records available upon request from the public.”

Bowden now provides medical services from a private clinic and notes that neither she nor the clinic has financial ties to the government, hospitals, pharmaceutical corporations, or insurance companies.

I do not contract with insurance companies. I don’t contract with the government. I don’t take Medicare. I have no financial ties with hospitals. The only people I work for are my patients, and I treat them the way I would want to be treated.
    Bowden’s attorney, Steven Mitby, noted that the doctor did not file a suit seeking financial gain.

She is not seeking a penny for any of this, she’s simply asking for transparency and following the law.
    Before filing the lawsuit, Bowden sought the hospital’s information in late November but received no response, Mitby said.

Bowden now looks to force the hospital to account for its decision-making process and disclose financial information that could indicate the public’s health was not their primary concern.
    "Know thyself and thou shall know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe"
Working...
X